Monday, May 23, 2011

April 10th Serve

On Saturday nights, my sister and I volunteer in the junior high ministry at our church. But for "Celebration of Hope," This saturday night was different. We packed vegetable seeds that would be sent to communities in developing countries across the globe. During our shift, we packed cabbage seeds. All of the leaders went to stake out a table where our group would be packing and waited for the kids to come. My sister and I had a lot of oour girls show up, so it ended up being a really neat bonding experience, but I think the coolest thing about this serving experience was the video that was shown before we started. It showed a women, who had recieved seeds from our church last year, in her garden that was just flourishing. She was able to provide food for many people in her village and her income greatly increased. Its interesting to think about how dropping one little seed into a bag can travel so far and make such a large impact, while to me, it is just a seed.

No comments:

Post a Comment