Sunday, January 23, 2011

Who Am I?

I have been blessed with a great family and have been given many wonderful opportunities. I have a mom, dad, little brother, and twin sister. I was born in California, but soon after,  we moved to Iowa, where my parents are originally from. A couple of years later, my dad got a new job in Chicago, and although we have been here for twelve years, we all find that back in Iowa still feels more like home. We go back to see family six times a year, but when I was younger, I would always beg my parents to let us move back. Rural Iowa is just so peaceful, calm, and inviting. So, My sister and I have decided to go to college at Iowa State, it was actually the only place we applied, but it has worked out well

In school, I'm involved  in cross country and track, and attend the club Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA). I have also found that I really enjoy spending time at church, My sister and I help out with the junior high ministry on Saturday nights and the nursery on Sunday morning. We're actually going on a retreat this weekend.

At college I want to study environmental science and focus on water purification. I am very excited to have a job I will look forward to everyday and  to be given the opportunity to travel to parts of the world that are such a contrast to the U.S.

3 comments:

  1. Mickey, I love how you are so sure of yourself and your goals in life! You're always giving back and that is so admiring. Btw, if I decide to get into environmental issues someday too, then we are so going on a travel spree ok? Can't wait to see you make all your dreams a reality

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda--

    you are one of the most down to Earth people I have met at Stevenson. You are someone who sticks to your morals, never let people put you down, and you put others before yourself. I'm convinced you're going to make some spectacular breakthrough one day and I'm glad you moved back to chicago!! Otherwise, we would have never met & become friends. Reach for the stars, girly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea you and Sarah had lived in so many different places. You definitely won't have any problems with your future goals, because since I've known you I have witnessed your hard work and dedication to your education and lifestyle. I'm so excited for you and I hope everything you wish for comes true! All the best,
    ~Claire :)

    ReplyDelete